Saturday, September 22, 2007

Some pickups from NLC meeting in Barcelona

I've reminded later that Basque team lead told that he has to overread every incoming file from translators from beginning till the end (if I understood right). I've tried to keep it simpler - when I've got the file, I'm doing following:
  • remerge it to latest pot-set just to be sure
  • take a look at statistics to find fuzzy and untranslated strings and fix them if I can
  • commit to CVS repository
  • read commit log to see what is changed
  • fix the errors when needed
  • commit again when needed
When I've got file from trusted people (hm, I trust generally all people, but lets say ... trusted quality) I'll skip the last 3 steps or I'll write it in my ToDo. It's easy to do because diffs of po-files are easy readable.

No comments: